In Grand Theft Auto: Vice City to Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, the car is based off of a Posche 911 although the car best resembles a 911 Carrera Cabriolet from 1976 to the early 1980's. The car also features all-wheel-drive configuration. The targa top that is featured on the car resembles a Targa 911s top. The comet in the X-Bow version of GTA VC shares the same rear design as the Comet from GTA SA and GTA VCS. Unlike a real Posche 911, which the engine is located in the back, the Comet in GTA VC and GTA VCS has the engine located in the front. Also on real Posche models, the cars don't feature inset headlamps, so the headlamps that are seen on the Comet may be based from a 1966-1969 Alfa Romeo Spider.
The car has great handling, speed, breaking, and acceleration. In GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories, the car shares the same properties of a Stinger, although the traction is similar to the Cheetah. Both the Stinger and Comet always appear to have an open top, allowing the protagonist to jump over the driver's-side door and take off quickly.
GTA Vice City
- Found parked inside of an open garage on Starfish Island, on the north side of the island.
- Found parked out front of the Leaf Links club house.
- Found driving around Starfish Island, Ocean Beach, and Washington Beach.
GTA Vice City Stories
- Parked under a build near Bryan Forbes' apartment.
- Inside of a garage north of Lance Vance's apartment.
- Parked near an apartment in Vice Point, near the bridge leading to Prawn Island.