|Appearances:||Grand Theft Auto: Vice City|
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
|Full Name:||Mitch Baker|
|Also known as:||"Big" Mitch Baker|
|Date of Birth:|
|Voiced by:||Luis Guzmán|
Mitch Baker, sometimes called "Big" Mitch Baker, is a character in the Grand Theft Auto series, who serves as a main character in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Baker is a retired war veteran, who also serves as the leader of the Vice City Bikers. Baker was voiced by Lee Majors.
Baker is a Vietnam veteran, who earned a purple heart while killing a village full of Viet Cong. He believes that Vice City's police veterans (or at least the disaffected and violant ones) mistreat them and led them to innumerable clashes and 13 stints in jail. He runs his biker gang from The Greasy Chopper bar in Downtown and is extreamely loyal to his "family".
1986Tommy Vercetti first meets Baker while asking for his gang to provide security at the Love Fist concert. Appearantly, Baker responds telling Tommy the "they only do favors for their own." Tommy must prove earn his respect from Baker by preforming various tasks for him. Baker finally decides to pay protection at the gig after Tommy retrieves his stolen motorcycle from a street gang.
During free roam, Baker can be heard over the radio on V-Rock telling Lazlow to play better music. He usually complains to Lazlow that there isn't enough hard rock and too much hair bands.
The Vice City Bureau of Investigation has a file on Baker:
- Vietnam veteran, turned motorbike enthusiast. Won Purple Heart for killing a village full of Vietcong. Extreme bitterness at treatment of veterans has led to violent clashes with authority. Jailed on 13 occasions
- Lawless degenerate sociopath.
- Loves bar sports, fighting, pinball, pool, eating live animals, hard rock music, wrestling, racing motorbikes, urinating in public places, scaring police.
- Believed to have been implicated in several civil disturbances.
- Runs local gang of bikers. Believed to be implicated in narcotics distribution.
- Extreme loyalty within gang.
- Initiation rituals preclude getting man on inside.
- Known loathing for soft rock, communists, wigs.
GTA Vice City