The Pistol, called the 9mm in some games, is the most basic firearm in the Grand Theft Auto series. The hand gun has made appearances in Grand Theft Auto I, Grand Theft Auto II, Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto: IV, and Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony.
In GTA III to GTA San Andreas, the pistol resembles a Colt M1911 due to its basic shape. The magazine capacity of the gun in GTA II ranges only to twelve rounds, while the GTA Vice City and onwards versions range to 17 rounds.
The gun isn't the best choice of a weapon to use, but it comes in handy when the player is being attacked by the police or gangs. In most GTA games, it takes about five bullets to kill a pedestrian, or more if the pedestrian is wearing body armor. In GTA San Andreas, the player is able to weild two of these guns at the same time if their hitmen level reaches maximum.
GTA Vice City
- Most gangs in Vice City use this weapon. Wasting a number of them gives 17 bullets to the player.
- At the Ocean Beach Marina in Ocean Beach. There is one on a patio.
- Cops have these. Once they are killed they will drop their pistol and a Nightstick.
- In Avery Carrington's construction site.
- Can be bought at the Ocean Beach Ammunation at the beginning of the game for $100.
- Can be bought at the malls Ammunation for the same price.
- The pistol that appears in GTA III, GTA Vice City, and GTA San Andreas is the oldest firearm in the GTA Franchise.